And… We are Off! Cross Country is Upon Us
Notice of Opening Run 2017 Cross Country Season – Saturday the 23rd September
I hope we can all gather for this year’s Opening Run Saturday the 23rd September. We are making this a whole club event this year so please support and attend and let us gather to galvanise for the Winter and Cross-country and Indoor seasons to come
Timetable for the Day:
- 10.00 a.m. Club Opening run: As many of our athletes and coaches as can meet at the clubhouse for the traditional group photo to adorn our walls to echo all the 124 Opening Runs held before.
- 10.30 a.m. Club Novice Run: This year, our Club Opening Run will be run in conjunction with our usual sealed handicap novice runs taking place on the Magazine hills, so the Opening Run will bring us up to the starting point.
- 12.00 p.m. Reception in the club afterwards for members past and present: Willie Smith will be delving into the archives once again for some treasured moment in Donore and Irish Athletic History.
- Presentation of International achievement Awards: We have several important awards. Firstly, to honour our fabulous Ladies team who the Division 1 National Track and Field League in this Summer in emphatic style. We are gathering the team together and as a club we want to recognise their fabulous achievement and present medals to athletes who couldn’t be there to receive them on the day. Secondly, we have several awards in recognition of outstanding international achievement for several of our athletes who achieved the full international Irish vest this season and were outstanding in their representation of Ireland internationally.
- Launch of Donore Harriers’ emerging athlete development programme in association with 123.ie: A new athlete development programme designed to support emerging talent in our Juvenile section, which is backed by 123.ie.